Wednesday, June 18, 2008

MAYDAY MAYDAY!!






June 14th. the mayday team ran 72 miles around the whole lake tahoe. The brave runners were: Bill May, Shauna May, Randi May, Katie May, Mike Daniels, Kim Lee(family friend) and Ashley(randi's friend). We each ran a leg of the race and we finished in great time. My leg of the race had some amazing veiws!! I was the last one to run, and at one point at the summit of the mountain, there were cliffs on both sides of me with just a two lane road with no room outside the white line. I was a little nervous, but the cars were all nice to slow down and hug the inside line. It was a long day, but the team accomplished it! I never thought that I could run 10.5 miles!! Thanks to Randi for planting this little seed in our heads. It was a fun thing for the family to do together. I think I will take a while off though. I still have huge blisters on the balls of my feet!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Way to go Katie! I'm totally impressed...

Matt & Ali said...

Nice work!!!!! I would have totally done it with you!!!! It was so good to see you for 2.3 seconds.
love
Ali