Saturday, April 25, 2009

Kendall's quilt




I made this cute quilt for my niece, Kendall. She stayed at the house with us while jason and raquel were in town. So I put the quilt on her little bed, so she would feel comfy in her bed. At first she didn't know it was for her, just that she liked it. Then she told me that I spelled her name wrong (she spells it KE for kendall.) she didn't quite know what initials are. KH for kendall hodgekinson. It was really sweet though. Raquel says she sleeps with it every night. I learned a lot with this quilt. I am really bad at free stitching, especially when you go over the same line 3 or 4 times to make the bird tail, or stems darker. I guess the smart people out there use a stabilizer, which I will definently try in the future. I loved working with pink material!!! The first two pics are inside before I washed the quilt, and the last one is outside after it had been washed a couple times.

1 comment:

anonymous said...

AMAZING! How did you learn to do this?

--cat