Monday, February 23, 2009

My first quilt




I finally finished my first quilt! I have always liked to sew. Once I sewed a shirt in 4-H, and have done pj pants, small blankets, ect. But I really wanted to learn how to quilt and make beautiful blankets. I picked out this fabric with my mom at Christmas time, and found a really simple pattern. Once I got all the blocks sewn together, I had no idea what to do. Then I realized my friend was an amazing quilter. Jen moss taught me how to quilt and bind in practically two nights!!! Thank you, thank you! I don't really like the ironing part, but I like the free motion stitching. I learned a ton, and had so much fun. It was a great way to relax and have some girl talk with jen. Stay tuned for my next one.....a baby quilt for my neighbor, Jennifer.